Tuesday 30 April 2013

PONDICHERRY - A DAY AT BEACHES

On my second day at pondicherry i decided to checkout the beaches.I started from college at 8'o clock and as expected thumbing worked again.Mark my words PONDICHERRY IS A HITCHHIKER'S PARADISE.

                                                  I found from the locals that i need to reach chunnambar boat house in order to get to paradise beach.I hiked to chunambar boat house with some difficulty cuz it is outside the city and very few locals go that way.But finally i got there with out spending a penny.

                    UP TO THIS POINT IN MY TOUR I LITERALLY HAVEN'T SPENT A RUPEE


Once i got into chunnambar boat house i bought my ticket and was waiting eagerly to reach paradise beach.I  was too early and the boat wont leave unless it is full.after waiting for one hour i got fully loaded and we started to paradise beach.


paradise beach at a distance

me on the way to paradise beach

on the way to paradise beach.

getting closer to paradise beach

reached paradise beach :-)


Once i got on to the beach i was sure that it is and will be my fav beach in India.Actually its a small island of around 1500mts long and may be 100-200mts wide.One side of it are backwaters which we just came through and the other side is BAY OF BENGAL.Its just amazing .It cant be described atleast by me.So i am leaving the description.Juts take a look at the pictures u will know.

welcome to paradise beach

amazing paradise beach

amazing paradise beach

amazing paradise beach

amazing paradise beach

                                                       The best part about paradise beach is that its so deserted unlike other Indian tourist spots.One can just sit there in the beach and enjoy solitude for hours together.There is a canteen where you can get beverages,soft drinks and food items.I slept under those trees listening to some old telugu songs and then i knew why they called this PARADISE BEACH.

                                                     I can just sit there and enjoy solitude for hours together but too bad i got other beach to see as well.So with an unsatisfied heart i took the return boat cuz i know i can never b fully satisfied of a PARADISE

                    Boat house authorities charge 100rs for a trip to paradise island which includes entry for the island and to and fro boat charges.

                                 I started for Pondicherry's main beach,THE ROCK BEACH. First i started asking locals about how to reach rock beach and then i thumbed my way.On my way i also crossed a french colony  and took some pictures.Finally after 1 hour of hiking and walking i reached ROCK BEACH.

FRENCH WAR MEMORIAL AT ROCK BEACH

ROCK BEACH AND HOTEL LE' CAFE RIGHT ON THE SHORE

GANDHI STATUE AT  ROCK BEACH

GANDHI STATUE AT  ROCK BEACH

ROCK BEACH

FRENCH WAR MEMORIAL AT ROCK BEACH 
After clicking those picture i directly went into hotel le cafe cuz i was told that having coffee latte at le cafe is a must thing to do and i was hungry as well :p

                                                         BUT SERIOUSLY CAFFE LATTE AT LE CAFE IS A MUST CUZ IT IS RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME

THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT

MY TABLE AT LE CAFE RIGHT ON THE EDGE

                                                                                   I stayed at the beach till 6pm and left to the hostel to pack my bag and go on..................

                                That was end to my stay in pondicherry and it was a very memorable one.


No comments:

Post a Comment